Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Woman Hot Pink Life Vest

Michela Murgia speech to the City of Cagliari in the course of the award "Woman of the Sarda," assigned to it by Lioness of Cagliari.





now that we broke the ceremonial, even before I receive the award I want to add two words to the thoughts of Mayor Flores. I am honored that the club wanted to bestow this award Lioness. I have received many awards over the past year, but I want to tell you that the greatest satisfaction I had from the fact that the first - the premium Giuseppe Dessì - came from my country. This shows once more that is not true that nobody is prophet in his homeland, and that there is no need to wait to be cleared out to consider the height of the world: Sardinia is able to recognize the talents of her children and often knows how to exploit them. Then came the other awards, including the Campiello was certainly important, but nothing counts as knowledge that their voice has been recognized where she was born, as is happening in the rest here in this room today.



Cagliari I must say that in this process of exploitation has not always been well prepared. The only other time I received attention from the capital was the last year, when I received an invitation to do a testimonial to the celebrations for the fiftieth anniversary of the Barbie doll, in an initiative also supported financially by the municipality. They said that Barbie and I both are examples of women's emancipation. I think I believe in a process of emancipation is very different from that represented by Barbie, so - excuse me, the mayor today - on that occasion declined the invitation. Quite different is the value of recognition given me today by Lioness, and in fact I'm here.



I am happy to hear from the voice of the mayor that culture is one of the areas of most interest to policy Sardinia. I wish it were always true, and we all know that but unfortunately it is not. Let me take this opportunity to ask him to prove it with more force defending the public school that is undergoing the attack right from the institutions that should protect it. Small local schools are closing on a basis that takes into account only the rationalization of economic calculations, and this short-sighted logic, in a high school dropout rate as ours, will make it more difficult for young Sardinian education base.



you honor me today because I believe that gives luster to Sardinia, but do not forget that I studied in a small school district, and to withdraw this today in this award is a credit to work of my teachers and to the vision of a political class that was still able to understand that the future of their children it can not be calculated using the same criteria with which you balance the budget in a commercial. With the current parameters so that school would be closed, and I probably would not be here now. The investment in culture does not come just from the recognition of culture who has already done his job, but the primary place where culture becomes the heritage of all: the school.



Thanks again to Lioness for giving me the opportunity to reaffirm in front of an audience so sensitive and caring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment