Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Denise Milani Sets 2010

Twitter, a daily exercise for mental health

Beppe Severgnini
(from Corriere della Sera)


Twitter is the younger brother of Facebook. If anything, his cousin. And other relatives. Facebook has seven years, was created by kids for kids: use it even adults, but we rent (moral). Twitter is five years old. It is most critical, less sympathetic, but sharper. Social and murderous enough to know how to use.

Microblogging - the official definition - it is a good summary. The interventions require the synthesis of 140 characters. I am a daily exercise for mental hygiene, a toothbrush for the brain. I became the twitter

19/04/2009 at 14:14:17, and since then I've written 2,691 tweets (on site http://www.twitteritalia.it are very accurate). I followed 48,724 people, I follow 332. When I run into an intervention (tweet) clever, I'm going to follow the author. Usually, I do not regret.

If I want to have their say on what I write, I try my name under "terms". Sunday I put on Twitter (tweeted?) 'If not now, when? I understand the spirit, I share the discomfort, I discuss the method. Still squares and slogan? It is the twenty-first century, girls! "And I was inundated with opinions. Write a comment on the "Corriere" then it was easy. And beautiful. After all, the readers answered. Until yesterday, were the readers who responded to us.

Another example? We opened Corriere TV, the new videorubrica "Three Minutes a word." The numbers help tell if the stream works, but if I write about Twitter "What a mess! You like it? Http://bit.ly/hwuNnz" I discover now. Compliments and criticisms are immediate, original and fresh. Franks, but not aggressive. Twitter is a place for the time being intellectually honest. Hysterical, vicious and cowardly have not yet discovered. And if found out, I suspect that it is not for them. In 140 characters, and there is a thought, not a proclamation.

Twitter is an instant survey, a temporary Judgement, a joy, a circus, an academic seminar, an outlet, a mood, a way to understand where breathes the spirit of the times (Via the column "trends" always updated). They use some celebrities, and many less-known but no less interesting. The former are favorites, but often abuse their luck: Twitter is not a microufficio-printing. Twitter asks

requires passion, timing, humor and seriousness. It 'still a means of mass communication, not a private comment (There are, however, the "direct messages"). A tweet retweettato (raised) can have an exponential distribution. When I asked what questions to ask, Silvio B. - If it was that face interview and from outside the party - I used the # sign (# intervistiamoberlusconi). One way to gather feedback and facilitate research.

You've got it. Twitter allows for professional and personal use, but professionals customize and make professional people. The risk is addiction, which leads some people to tell their own day in every detail, but since not everyone is Joyce, the effects are sometimes sconcertanenti. A small risk of facing a good fun. An oxymoron of the twenty-first century, free and brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment